Apr 26, 2021
Want to avoid mistakes in Long
Distance Investing? Download your FREE document at
Going Long Podcast Episode 101:
From Military to Multiple Real Asset Classes
In the conversation with today’s
Smith, you’ll learn the
- [00:31 - 03:02] Darren’s
profile, in Billy’s guest introduction.
- [03:02 - 06:56] The backstory and decisions
made that led Darren
to this point in his journey, and
shares some of the different places he has lived over the
- [06:56 - 08:14] Darren explains the role that curiosity has
played in his success.
- [08:14 - 11:32] How Darren first got into Real
- [11:32 - 16:02] The steps Darren went through on the move from single
family to multifamily investing.
- [16:02 - 26:49] All about the Industrial
investment space, and what it is about it that made
Darren want to specialise in it and
help bring other investors into the space, and why you may want to
invest in it yourself.
- [26:49 - 32:15] Darren explains about how he ended up investing
long-distance in Colorado, and how he still to this day has a
flourishing and growing set of investments in the Colorado
- [32:15 - 38:31] Why Darren made the decision to keep his long
distance investment business going in the face of all the potential
risks and uncertainty, when he also still had his other business
closer to home.
- [38:31 - 41:00] Darren lets us know all about
his Colorado based companies.
Here’s what Darren shared with
us during today’s conversation:
- Where in the world Darren is based
currently: York, Pennsylvania.
- Favourite European city: Amsterdam,
- The best thing to happen in the past 24hours:
Started a new mailing-list system which has worked really
- A mistake Darren would like you to learn from
so you don’t have to pay full price for it: If you realise you are
in a deal that isn’t working or with the wrong partner or team
member then don’t be afraid to walk away and move on rather than
keep putting time and money into a bad deal.
- Book Recommendations: A Thousand-Mile Walk to
the Gulf, by John Muir.
Be sure to reach out and connect
with Darren Smith by using
the info below:
Start taking action TODAY so
that you can gain more Education and Control over your financial
To see the Video Version of
today’s conversation just CLICK HERE.
Do you want to have more control
and avoid the mistakes that I made getting started in long distance
investing? Then you can DOWNLOAD
the 7 Mistakes to
Avoid in Long Distance Investing Guide by clicking HERE.
Be sure to connect with
Billy! He’s made it easy for you to do…Just go to any of