Nov 22, 2021
Want to avoid mistakes in Long
Distance Investing? Download your FREE document at
Going Long Podcast Episode 162:
Free-up Time & Increase Your Income in the Multifamily
In the conversation with today’s
guest, Rodney Thompson, you’ll learn the following:
- [00:22 - 04:20] Show introduction with comments
- [04:20 - 08:06] Guest introduction and first
- [08:06 - 15:55] The backstory and decisions
made that led Rodney to this point in his
- [15:55 -21:03] What it was that made Rodney
realise he would benefit from getting himself a mentor.
- [21:03 - 27:02] How investing beyond the
backyard has benefited Rodney and his clients, and why Rodney
decided to invest long distance and outside of his home state in
Real Assets, rather than only investing in his local market
- [27:02 - 34:51] Rodney’s outlook on striking an
ideal life / work balance, as someone who wants to continue with
the success of his investing career but also wants to make sure he
has more than enough time for his family and the other things in
life that really matter.
- [34:51 - 41:50] The biggest eye openers and
challenges when jumping from a structured corporate role into a
self driven entrepreneurial space.
Here’s what Rodney shared with
us during today’s conversation:
- Where in the world Rodney is based currently:
South East Minnesota.
- The most positive thing to happen in the past
24 hours: Enjoyed sharing some cheese, crackers and wine with his
wife for a friend’s birthday!
- Favourite European City: London,
- A mistake that Rodney would like you to learn
from so that you don’t have to pay full price: Make sure you know
what you’re signing when it comes to important documents and
contracts rather than relying on someone else to tell you it's all
good - as otherwise it may come back to bite you on the
- Book Recommendations: The Obstacle is The Way,
by Ryan Holiday.
Be sure to reach out and connect
with Rodney Thompson by using the info below:
To see the Video Version of today’s conversation
just CLICK HERE.
How to leave a review for The Going Long
Start taking action TODAY so
that you can gain more Education and Control over your financial
Do you want to have more control
and avoid the mistakes that I made getting started in long distance
investing? Then you can DOWNLOAD
the 7 Mistakes to
Avoid in Long Distance Investing Guide by clicking HERE.
Be sure to connect with
Billy! He’s made it easy for you to do…Just go to any of